October 20, 2005
Undergraduate experience committee seeks faculty, staff input
The Committee to Improve the UW Undergraduate Experience will be holding three open meetings for faculty and staff in October.
The committee seeks advice and views from the campus community in the four areas where it is focusing its attention:
- What should be the attributes of an excellent undergraduate experience at the UW?
- What are the strengths of the current UW experience?
- What are the weaknesses of the current UW experience?
- What are the national best practices, and what models can be adopted for the UW?
The open meetings will be:
- 4 to 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 24, 220 OUGL
- 3:30 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, 220 OUGL
- 3:30 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, 220 OUGL
The committee will also hold open meetings for students; these are being organized through ASUW.
The committee, chaired by Jerry Baldasty, (chair, Department of Communication), was appointed by Provost Phyllis Wise and is made up of faculty, students and staff. The full membership list can be viewed at: http://students.washington.edu/vkh/improve/members.htm. The committee will make its recommendations in late November.