Pediatric Physical Examination Core Curriculum Appendices
| Basic Approach
| Print PDF (All)
- Goldbloom, R B. Pediatric Clinical Skills, 3rd edition. 2003 Elsevier Science (USA) Philadelphia.
This is a gold mine of tips and techniques for the pediatric history and physical. Excellent pictures and explanations are included in each chapter.
- Bickley, LS and PG Szylagyi. Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, 8th edition. 2003. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia.
This textbook provides an excellent basic introduction to the pediatric historyand physical.
- Zitelli, BJ and H. W. Davis. Atlas of Pediatric Physical Diagnosis, 4th Edition. 2002 Elsevier Science, Philadelphia.
This book is an outstanding reference for physical diagnosticians in pediatrics.It provides both normal and abnormal findings and is subdivided by subspecialtywith an emphasis on diagnoses that have significant findings on physical exam.
- Eye examination in infants, children and young adults by pediatricians. Pediatrics 2003 111:902-907. [AAP committee recommendations
- US Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for visual impairment in children younger than age 5 years:recommendation statement. Ann Fam Med May 1, 2004; 2(3):263-266.