Madigan (Tacoma), Washington - PEDS 667 P


To Fort Lewis:
I-5 to Fort Lewis Main Gate (Exit 120). Map of base available at Main Gate. If driving on base, at all times you will need:

  1. picture ID,
  2. car registration/rental car agreement,
  3. proof of car insurance and
  4. license plate number.
  • You can get a pass for your car at the Main gate only. If your vehicle has a military sticker or you have obtained a temporary car pass at the Main Gate, you may enter post at Madigan/ Berkley St (Exit 121.)
  • IHG Army Hotels:
    Your hotel reservation has been made at the beginning of the academic year. (If you are not going to use the hotel, please let us know.) Your reservation begins on Sunday, the day prior to your clerkship start and ends on the last day of your rotation.
    Once thru Main Gate, turn right at second light(PX and commissary should be on your left). Go straight at the first stop sign through neighborhood housing. At the end of the neighborhood, IHG Army Hotels is located to your left and check in at the end of the covered walkway. Building # 2111, 2107 Utah Avenue. Phone number to IGH Army Hotels: (253) 964-0211.

    Hospital Parking:
    It is best to park in one of parking lots on the west side of the hospital or along Gardner Loop. You will be ticketed if you park in patient parking and in some areas along the road.

    Transportation from Seatac Airport:

    1. Ft. Lewis Airporter: Telephone 360 876-1737 or obtain web reservations at Picks up every 2-3 hrs at baggage claim doors 00. Cost: $16.50 plus $3 for each luggage over 2 pieces (cash only).
    2. Airport Taxi
    3. Rental Car