Madigan (Tacoma), Washington - PEDS 667 P
To Fort Lewis:
I-5 to Fort Lewis Main Gate (Exit 120). Map of base available at Main Gate. If driving on base, at all times you will
You can get a pass for your car at the Main gate only. If your vehicle has a military sticker or you have obtained a temporary
car pass at the Main Gate, you may enter post at Madigan/ Berkley St (Exit 121.)
- picture ID,(A standard Washington state driver license or ID card can no longer be used) See options below
- car registration/rental car agreement,
- proof of car insurance and
- license plate number.
IHG Army Hotels:
Your hotel reservation has been made at the beginning of the academic year. (If you are not going to use the hotel, please let us know.) Your reservation begins on Sunday, the day prior to your clerkship start and ends on the last day of your rotation.
Once thru Main Gate, turn right at second light(PX and commissary should be on your left). Go straight at the first stop sign through neighborhood housing. At the end of the neighborhood, IHG Army Hotels is located to your left and check in at the end of the covered
walkway. Building # 2111, 2107 Utah Avenue. Phone number to IGH Army Hotels: (253) 964-0211.
It is best to park in one of parking lots on the west side of the hospital or along Gardner Loop. You will be ticketed if you park in
patient parking and in some areas along the road.
Transportation from Seatac Airport:
- Ft. Lewis Airporter: Telephone 360 876-1737 or obtain web reservations at www.kitsapairporter.com. Picks up every 2-3 hrs at baggage claim doors 00. Cost: $16.50 plus $3 for
each luggage over 2 pieces (cash only).
- Airport Taxi
- Rental Car
Acceptable forms of picture ID
Visitors with this ID must still go to the Visitor Center to get a base pass.
- Washington State Enhanced Driver's Licenses and IDs
- People without a Washington State Enhanced Driver's License or ID must provide one of the following forms of ID to get a base pass:
- U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
- Permanent resident card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (INS Form I-551)
- Foreign passport with a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 with printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa
- Foreign passort with a current arrival-departure record or foreign passport with NIS Form I-94/I-94A bearing the same names as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien's nonimmigrant status, if that status authorizes the alien to work for an employer
- Employment authorization document that contains a photograph (INS Form I-776)
- Driver license or identification card issued by a state or outlying U.S. possession that is Real ID-compliant. For Washington and Minnesota this is the enhanced driver license or enhanced ID
- JBLM-issued Rapid Gate Identification
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card or Transportation Worker ID Card issued by DHS
- Native American tribal document
- U.S. Government issued, authenticated Federal PIV Credentials