Seattle, Washington - PEDS 665 P
This is an outline to facilitate your time at Children’s Hospital and the outpatient sites in Seattle. If you have any questions, please clarify with either the clerkship directors or the staff in the Medical Student Program office.
- Complete 27 case studies (core curriculum).
- Read the required textbook (Blueprints in Pediatrics).
- Write and turn in one ethics essay. Essays are due by email to the Medical Student Coordinatorin by 5PM on the 3rd Thursday of your clerkship. It will be returned to you with comments by the end of your clerkship.
- Perform 2 observed PE on children (see below for details; forms in your packet).
- Required conferences:
a.Thursday morning grand rounds 8 a.m. Wright Auditorium
b.Thursday morning conferences at 9:45 a.m.
- Final examination held on the last day of clerkship at 1:30PM
- Complete one observed physical examination on one of your patients with clerkship director. You will sign up for a day and time. Have clerkship director complete form.
- As a part of the inpatient team:
- Perform Histories and Physicals on at least 10 patients.
- Copy of 2 H&P's to your inpatient house attending for review (week 1 and week 3)
- Copy of 1 H&P emailed to Sherilyn Smith, MD (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5PM Friday week two
- Write daily SOAP notes on your patients
- Participate as a member of the inpatient team per the individual team schedules
- Attend clerkship conferences (usually help in room G-1026)
- Monday: 2:30-3:20P
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 3-4P
- Presentation: short (10 minute), on a topic in pediatrics, at the week three 3PM student conference.
- Complete one observed physical examination while in newborn nursery.
- Obtain the clinic specific checklist on the first day of your outpatient rotation. Complete the clinic specific checklist for your outpatient site as directed by the outpatient site coordinator.
- Perform evaluations on 20 patients while on your outpatient rotation.
Administrative Check-Out Seattle Children's (last day clerkship)
- Turn in your ID badge.
- Return borrowed books and/or pagers.
- Turn in any pending documentation (Observed PE forms).