Great Falls, Montana - PEDS 666 P
Please meet with Dr. Ruggerrie as outlined by his pre-arrival E-mail. Dr. Marron will continue the orientation with an office tour and introductions. You will have 1-2 lectures your first day. You will begin seeing patients your 2nd day.
Clothes should be professional. No jeans are allowed except on weekends.
During this rotation, each student is required to take call one weekend.
Weekend call is from 8:00 a.m. Saturday to 5:00 p.m. Sunday.
- Hospital Care:
All students spend 2 weeks with the pediatric hospitalist. During those days, you will do newborn checks, attend c-sections, round on all the children on the pediatric floor and be involved in hospital admissions. Daily progress notes should be in the SOAP format. Admission history and physical need to be done within 24 hrs of admission.
- Office Evaluations:
- Well-child visits include complete examinations, anticipatory guidance, growth and development assessments, behavior and learning problems and immunizations. These examinations are done on infants, toddlers, school-aged children and adolescents.
- Illness examinations
- Care of children with chronic diseases
- Other Activities:
- Specialty Clinics
- Cardiology, Genetics, Cystic Fibrosis, Pediatric Orthopedics, Pediatric G.I., Pediatric Urology and Pediatric Neurology.
- Educational opportunities available outside the hospital and clinic
- Cascade county child abuse committee
- Sexual abuse committee
- Montana State School for the Deaf and Blind (contact Kim Schwabe 1-406-771-6017)
- Skyline High School (nontraditional/alternative high school)
- Head Start Program
- Planned Parenthood
- Hutterite Colony – contact Joe Waldner, manager of Fairhaven Colony in Ulm, MT. Phone number is 1-406-866-3350.