Approximately twelve months of clinical experience as an Infectious Disease Consultant is included during the three-year fellowship.
- Up to 9 months of training on an inpatient consult service:
- Typically each fellow completes 3 months of inpatient consult training during each year of fellowship
- Up to 9 months in pediatric ID rotations at Seattle Children’s Hospital--3 months can be spent at University-affiliated hospitals on the Internal Medicine ID Service, including Harborview Medical Center (where the regional trauma and burn units are located) and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC)-Bone Marrow Unit.
- Alternative rotations can be arranged on an individual basis
- 2 weeks of bench experience in diagnostic microbiology and diagnostic virology
- 2 months in the outpatient virology clinic
- 4 months in the outpatient infectious disease clinic
- 3 months in the outpatient immunology clinics