University Marketing & Communications
Brand and integrated marketing strategy
- Marketing Strategy Council Charter
- Marketing Strategy Council Members
- UW Brand Campaign Roadmap
- Creative and Marketing Request for Proposals
- Integrated Marketing Strategy Presentation June 2013
Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re all proud to be part of one of the nation’s leading public research institutions, and we all know how important it is to share the story of the University of Washington’s impact with the public. To better tell our story — and tell it to more people — we are developing a brand and integrated marketing strategy that will formally launch in 2014.
Building on our brand’s foundation, this strategy is being developed to raise the UW’s profile and stature nationally in order to:
- Grow public and private support
- Support unit marketing initiatives
- Continue to attract the best students
- Continue to attract and retain world-class faculty and researchers
President Michael K. Young and Provost Ana Mari Cauce chartered University Advancement, in collaboration with units across our three campuses, to develop and execute the campaign.
An RFP for creative and integrated marketing plan development was issued in June 2013. In August, a cross-unit team selected the agency Hornall Anderson.
A Marketing Strategy Council, which includes representatives from various facets of the University, was created to gather feedback during the process of developing and executing the brand and integrated marketing strategy. There will be additional ongoing opportunities for input, such as Marketing Roundtable meetings.
We look forward to working with campus partners on this effort, and we’re eager to spread awareness of the UW’s work, achievements and impact to a broader audience.