Engaging Online Materials II: Graphics & Discussions
Please note: there are no current plans to teach this workshop. These materials are posted as an online resource:
Taught by experienced instructional designers from UW Educational Outreach, this workshop offers guidelines and tips for repurposing your content for effective electronic presentation, including
- converting text to graphics that convey clear, useful information; and
- creating an interactive learning environment where you and your students can engage in discussions and share documents.
To learn more about writing for the Web, attend the Engaging Online Materials 1: Writing for the Web workshop.
The workshop is free, but registration is required.
Please check-in before you begin this workshop.
When you complete this workshop, you will be able to
- judge when it is appropriate to convert textual facts to graphics;
- create graphics that convey useful information accessible to a wide range of abilities; and
- create, facilitate, and monitor online discussions to help foster a sense of community among learners.