Give your Course an Online Presence
In this free workshop, learn how to use Catalyst's four newest tools: CommonView, GoPost, Collect It, and the GradeBook. The workshop is designed for UW faculty and staff who wish to use these tools for information sharing, work collection, online discussions, and online grade management; however, anyone with a UW NetID may attend.
CommonView allows you to put everything you need for your class or project in one convenient online location. Use CommonView to organize your Catalyst Tools, files, links and other content in an online workspace that people in your class or project group may access.
This workshop is free, but registration is required.
- Learn when to use CommonView, GoPost, Collect It, and the online gradebook.
- Create a CommonView workspace with content and links to Catalyst Tools.
- Create, edit, and manage a GoPost discussion board.
- Create a dropbox (assignment turn-in area) with Collect It.
- Learn the basics of Catalyst GradeBook
Resources and Examples
- CommonView Tool Page
- GoPost Tool Page
- Catalyst Planning Consideration: Teaching with GoPost
- Collect It Tool Page
- Examples: CommonView workspaces, GoPost discussion board, and Collect It dropbox