UW-IT Learning Spaces During the Odegaard Renovation
Odegaard Undergraduate Library will be closed for renovations from June 9 to September 23. These renovations will create state-of-the-art, active learning spaces and classrooms. You may worry about losing access to the technology available in Odegaard, but rest assured, we're working to keep many of our services available during the summer closure. For example:
- The popular Computer Vet service will move to the Allen Library Research Commons and have reduced summer hours.
- The UW-IT supported Media Studio with video equipment (in the basement of Mary Gates Hall) will be available and freshly upgraded with extra RAM, new monitors, keyboards, and mice!
- The Learning Technologies free technology workshops will continue to be held over the summer in the Media Studio in Mary Gates Hall.
Some alternatives to our facilities are:
- Computers in Suzzallo, Allen, and other campus libraries.
- Department computer labs: ask staff in those labs about summer availability.
- Laptop checkout: a new STF-funded service that will be located in Suzzallo Library.
Note: Creative Communications will be available for printing and plotting needs. Plotting services in Odegaard will be permanently removed once the building closes for the summer.
For more information about the Odegaard renovation, please see the Odegaard Undergraduate Library Renovation Blog.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions about how the renovation will affect the UW-IT managed Learning Spaces within Odegaard.