October Ignite! Recap
October's Ignite! event was standing room only. The six presentations, along with a lively keynote speech, covered a wide spectrum of technologies and pedagogical methods, all sharing the goal of supporting teaching and learning.
Did you miss the latest Ignite! event? No worries! We’ve posted video of each of the entertaining, informative presentations here. (See below for links to Tegrity recordings of the keynote address and the presentations.)
Is there a tool or process that you or a colleague are using that you'd like us to present at an Ignite! event? We're planning another event for Spring Quarter 2013, so please send your suggestions.
- Cara Giacomini, Research Manager, UW-IT: Keynote--Advancing Teaching and Learning: the Strategic Goals and User Data Behind the New Technologies Supported by UW-IT
- Kimberlee Gillis-Bridges, Department of English: Stormy Weather: Moving In-Person Discussion Online with Canvas
- Colleen Carmean, Office of the Chancellor, UW Tacoma: Free Range Tools for Teaching and Learning
- Colleen Craig, Department of Chemistry: ALEKS (Assessment and LEarning in Knowledge Spaces)
- Craig Scott, Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education: Team-Based Learning
- Linda Martin-Morris, Department of Biology: Flipping the Classroom and Enhancing Learning with Technology
- Janice Fournier and Mouse Reeve, UW-IT: SpaceScout -- Find the Perfect Place to Study
And don't forget: we want to hear what you'd like to see at upcoming Ignite! events. Let us know.