Upgrades to the Learning Spaces
During the September break, Learning & Scholarly Technologies (LST) will upgrade 171 workstations in the Odegaard Learning Commons as well as add tabloid sized scanners, upgrade all existing scanners, scanning software, and HDV video editing decks, and install the latest Adobe Design Premium in both the Odegaard Learning Commons and the Mary Gates Hall Computing Resource Center. These upgrades were funded by the UW Student Technology Fee.
New workstation specs:
- 171 Dell OptiPlex 755 Minitower
- Processor: Core 2 Quad 2.50GHz
- RAM: 4GB DDR2
- Video Card: 256MB ATI RADEON HD 2400 XT
- Hard Drive: 160GB
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive: 16X DVD+/-RW and 16X DVD
- Smart Card Reader and FireWire 400
The LST Technology Studios also received upgrades, including a new dual-boot MacBook Pro in the Digital Presentation Studio, and the latest version of Reason in the Digital Audio Workstation.