Edit your Email Form
Edit your email form.
You can edit your email form to change the title, security setting, or recipients.
To edit your UMail email form, follow these steps:
- From the account page, click the UMail form you want to edit. You may need to click the UMail filter under Tools to locate it.
- Modify the general information about the email form:
Title: Enter a unique and descriptive title for your Umail.
Link URL: If you wish, you can enter the URL of a Web site for the user to return to after they send their email message.
Link text: Enter the text you want your participants to read and click to visit the URL you entered above. The link will be displayed as "Return to (link text)".
- Change the security setting for your Umail form. The security setting determines
if a sender's (participant's) name and email address are required or optional.
The security setting options are as follows:
Anonymous: The email form does not allow the sender to enter a return email address, thus assuring total anonymity.
Required -- UW NetID: The email form requires the user to login using their UW NetID, and will include the name and email address associated with their UW NetID with the message.
Optional: The email form allows the user to enter a name and email address if they choose.
- Modify the recipient list(s) for your email form. To create a recipient
list, enter the following:
Label: The name is the name of the individual, or description of the group of people in the list, e.g. "Professor Brown" or "Teaching Assistants".
Email addresses: Enter the email addresses of the recipients, one per line.
To create additional recipient lists, click Add another list, and enter a label and members for the new list.
- Click Save. If you don't want to save your changes to the email form, click Cancel.