Create an EMail Form
Create a new email form.
To create a new email form, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Catalyst account
- On the Catalyst tools account page, roll your mouse over the graphic tools menu in the upper right corner. A menu appears as you hover over each tool icon.
- Select the UMail icon, and then click Create a UMail anonymous email form. You will move to the "Create a New UMail Form" page.
- Enter general information about your UMail form:
Title: Enter a unique and descriptive title for your UMail form.
After sending, display this link: If you wish, you can enter the URL of a Web site for the user to return to after they send their email message.
Link text: Enter the text you want your participants to read and click to visit the URL you entered above. The link will be displayed as "Return to (link text)".
- Choose the security setting for your Umail form. The security setting determines
if a sender's (participant's) name and email address are required or optional.
The security setting options are as follows:
Anonymous: The email form does not allow the sender to enter a return email address, thus assuring total anonymity.
Required -- UW NetID: The email form requires the user to login using their UW NetID, and will include the name and email address associated with their UW NetID with the message.
Optional: The email form allows the user to enter a name and email address if they choose.
- Create recipient list(s) for your email form. Each form has a list one recipient
list, which contains at least one email address. To create a recipient list,
enter the following:
Recipient list label: The name is the name of the individual, or description of the group of people in the list, e.g. "Professor Brown" or "Teaching Assistants".
Recipient list members: Enter the email addresses of the recipients, one per line.
- To create additional recipient lists, click Add another list,
and repeat step four.
- Click Create. Your email form will be created, and you will return to the UMail home page. If you don't wish to create the email form, click Cancel.
The underlined URL that appears under the name of the email form on the UMail home page is a direct link to email form. To open the email form, click the link. You can create a link to this URL on your Web page, or send the URL out in an email message.