Update browser to improve Tegrity performance (Mac)
Tegrity viewing and recording performance is improved by confirming that your computer has the most recent operating system and Web browser updates.
Follow the steps for your preferred browser to check for and install software updates on a Mac.Apple Software Update
(Mountain Lion, 10.8)
- At the top-left corner of the screen, click the Apple logo. In the drop-down menu click Software Update.
- Your computer will check for available updates and display as a list in the App Store.
- Install any available updates by clicking the UPDATE button to the right of each item, especially for operating system updates.
- Safari updates are made using the Apple Software Update.
- In Firefox, at the top-left of the screen, in the menu bar, click Firefox.
- In the drop-down menu, click About Firefox.
- Firefox will check for available updates and notify you if any are available. Install any available updates.
- To update Firefox plug-ins, from the menu bar, click Tools and then Add-ons. Firefox will open a new tab with a list of your current plug-ins.
- At the top of the list of current plug-ins, click Check to see if your plugins are up to date.
- A new tab will list each plug-in, the current version, and whether your plug-ins should be updated.
- Ensure that the Silverlight plug-In is updated. Tegrity requires the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to view recordings.
- Check that Silverlight is enabled. Enabled plug-ins are colored blue; disabled plug-ins are grey.
- In Chrome, at the top-left of the screen, in the menu bar, click Chrome.
- In the drop-down menu, click About Google Chrome. Chrome will automatically check and apply updates.
- To relaunch Chrome, either (1) quit Chrome (in the menu bar, click Chrome, and then click Quit Google Chrome), or (2) click Relaunch.