Manage Student Recordings
Students can create their own recordings using Tegrity. Example uses in a course include assigning student presentations or film projects where videos are uploaded into Tegrity. Instructors have the option to allow student recordings to be visible to other students or to be viewable only by the instructor.
Make Student Recordings Public
By default, each course allows enrolled students to make and view recordings. Once a student recording is made, a new tab, named "Student Recordings," will appear in the course.
By default, all enrolled students are able to view other student recordings. Faculty can enable this setting by following these steps:
- At the bottom left corner of the screen, in the Actions menu, select Settings.
- Under Recording, confirm that Allow students to record is checked.
- Under Publishing, confirm that Automatically publish student recordings is checked.
Make Student Recordings Private
These settings allows students to still submit recordings but allows the recordings to remain private to other students. Course Instructors alone are able to view Student Recording submissions. Additionally, the Instructor can publish any recordings they wish to share with the course by clicking Publish in the Choose an Action menu.
- In the Actions menu, select Settings.
- Under Publishing, clear Automatically publish student recordings.
- To publish select student recordings, check the box next to the recording.
- In the Actions menu, select Publish.
- Choose to publish immediately or set a range of dates.
Provide feedback on student videos
Instructors can provide feedback on the timeline of student videos by creating notes in the Instructor Notes tab. These notes will be viewable only by the instructor and the student.