Re-purpose Tegrity content
Existing Tegrity 2.0 recordings can be extracted from the Tegrity environment in either of the following two methods:
- Download the recording
- Create a CD/DVD of selected recordings
When you download the recording, you can save the executable on your hard disk. When the recording download executable is run, it extracts all of the associated files to the local system in the following directory:
- On MS Vista: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Tegrity Recordings\<DownloadSessionName>
- On MS Win 7: C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\My Tegrity Recordings\Sessions\<DowonloadSessionName>
- <username> is the name of the user running the executable
- <DownloadSessionName> is the name of the executable file that was downloaded.
The following shows the folders that exist within the <DownladSessionName>\class folder and the contents that can be repurposed:
- Index – Chapter images in JPEG or PNG format
- Instructor – audio recording (in Microsoft Advanced Systems Format [ASF] format), instructor video (in ASF format) or instructor image
- Links – links in presentation
- Print – images used to create print version
- Projector – screen recording in enhanced or mulitimedia recording mode (in ASF format) and screen chapter/index images (in PNG format) captured in standard recording mode.
The images, audio, and audio/video files can be re-purposed for use without the Tegrity Environment or Tegrity Playback experience. The video ASF files can be converted to other video formats using third-party products.
All other files are specifically for use with the Tegrity Playback experience.