One of the great things about recording lectures with Tegrity is that the process does not require a full production crew and hours of re-takes. Instructors can quickly record effective educational content using these tips:
prior to recording
- Share the web link where students can access recordings in your syllabus or course website.
- Open the documents you plan on recording.
- Close or minimize windows on your screen you don't want recorded.
- Check the microphone is on and active. Your recording software displays an audio meter for confirmation.
- If using a camera, minimize lighting behind you. Strong background lighting may cause a shadow over your face.
- If using a camera, position the camera on the same level as your eyes.
during the recording
- If using a laptop with built-in microphone, stay in front of your laptop. The mic may not record your voice if you stray too far.
- If recording in-class lecture, repeat student questions so they are recorded.
- If creating pre-class recordings, keep them short. No more than 7 minutes is a good rule of thumb.
- For longer recordings, use the bookmarks and notes feature to emphasize key points.
- Relax. Students will appreciate an authentic recording with some imperfections.