Make a recording (PC users)
Making a recording on a PC allows you to record your screen, audio and video. The Mac recorder is slightly different than the PC recorder and currently has less advanced features. Before you begin, you will need to download and install the PC recorder.
- In your Web browser, go to uw.tegrity.com. Log in with your UW NetID and password.
- Under My Tegrity, click Record a Class. The recorder launches automatically.
- In the recorder, choose a destination from the Course drop-down menu. See (A) in the image below.
- Optional. Enter a unique title for the recording (B).
- Optional. To adjust audio levels, click the volume control (C).
- Optional. To enable video, if available, check Instructor Video box. You can also use a picture. The optimal size of the instructor picture/image that is displayed in the "instructor" window is 320 X 240 pixels. Images that are not close to the optimal size will be stretched or shrunk during playback. High resolution photos (for example 10 MB) are discouraged as they will cause longer loading times for users. The instructor image can be in any of these formats: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP (D).
- Optional. To select mics, video sources, and make other adjustments, click Settings.
- In the Tegrity Recorder, click Record a Class (E).
- Recording begins. A control panel appears in the bottom left of the screen.
To end recording, click Stop (the black square). A dialog box appears with three options: Don't Save, Cancel, and Save and Upload. When you have completed your recording, click Save and Upload. To resume recording, click Cancel. To delete the recording, click Don't Save.
- Your recording uploads in the background. To check the status of the upload, in My Tegrity select destination course. The status appears to the right of the recording name.