PC vs. Mac Tegrity Features
Recording or viewing Tegrity presentations differs slightly across operating systems. Some features available for PC are still in development for Mac. In general, the Tegrity Recorder layout is similar, but not exactly the same.
|Whiteboard and Annotation
|Upload Video as a Class
|Adjust Playback Speed
- Adjust Playback Speed is not available while streaming on a Mac, however this feature is available with downloaded videos. Sliverlight does not currently support this feature. When it does Tegrity will incorporate it into the streaming playback experience for the Mac. Please see: https://help.tegrity.com/why-cant-playback-speed-be-increased-on-a-mac.html
- Webcast is not available on Mac recorder. This allows live broadcast and recording. This feature requires real-time encoding, which is not currently available on the Mac recorder.
- Test Video is not available on Mac recorder. This allows users to record, test audio, adjust video settings and playback a test video – all in one place. Audio levels can be adjusted on the Mac, the link pulls up System Preferences.
- Optimize Video options are not available on Mac recorder. On a PC users can select to optimize video for "Frame Rate" or "Playback Performance." Frame rate is the default value and captures at a higher frame rate – Mac recordings are optimized for "Frame Rate." Playback Performance provides smoother (less buffering) playback and captures at a lower frame rate.
- Multimedia Mode is not available on Mac recorder. Multimedia mode is used to record various video and audio signals. For info on using this recording mode: https://help.tegrity.com/how-to-record-in-multimedia-mode.html. For info on setting up multimedia rooms: https://help.tegrity.com/how-to-connect-tegrity-recorder-to-multimedia-room-consoles.html
- Whiteboard and Annotation Pen are not available on Mac recorder, however an external tablet will allow a similar use.