Edit Internet Explorer settings
To view or download a Tegrity recording, you may need to have make some changes to Internet Explorer security settings. Please check your settings using the following steps:
- In Internet Explorer, from the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click Trusted Sites (green check mark) icon/zone.
- Click Sites button.
- Clear the check box associated with Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.
- Add the URL of the UW Tegrity environment: uw.tegrity.com.
- In the Trusted Sites dialog box, click Add, and then click Close.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click Custom.
- Reset the level to Medium or search for the following settings and select the indicated toggle button.
- Binary and script behaviors – Enable
- Download signed ActiveX controls – Prompt
- Download unsigned ActiveX controls – Prompt
- Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins – Enable or Prompt
- Automatic prompting for file downloads – Enable
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting – Enable
- File download – Enable
- Allow website to open windows without address or status bars – Enable
- In the Security Settings dialog box, click OK.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click OK, and then close all browser windows.
- Open a new browser window and try to view or download a Tegrity recording.
If you set any of the security settings to Prompt, please accept/enable the ActiveX controls when viewing or downloading.