Download and play a recording on a Mac
If you know that you will want to review recordings at a time or place when you don't have an Internet connection, you can download them ahead of time. Currently, downloaded recordings on Macs only play back on Firefox and Safari.
PC users: Instructions on how to download and play recordings on a PC
Download and play a recording:
- In your Web browser, go to uw.tegrity.com. Log in using your UW NetID and password.
- In My Tegrity, click the class that contains a recording that you want to download.
- This takes you to the next screen, which will look similar to this:
To the far right of the recording title, click the download symbol .
- When you click the download icon, the Download Class dialog box appears.
(This button also appears in the recording viewer, at the bottom right, so you can download a recording that you are already viewing.)
- In the Download Class dialog box, click Download.
If you don't see anything happening after you click Download, click the link in the Download Class dialog box.
- In the Save Downloaded File dialog box, select Save File, and then click OK.
- In the Downloads dialog box, double click the Title of Your Recording.
A Downloads Finder window opens.
- In the Downloads Finder window, open the folder with the title of your recording. (If you don't see it, sort the list of downloads by Date Modified.) In the folder, you will see a file called Default.htm. Double-click it to open.
- When you see the dialog box asking if you want to open the file, click Open. A new browser window will open and the recording will appear. Although the file opens in a browser, the recording can play on your computer without Internet connectivity.