Create a live webcast recording
Webcasting currently only broadcasts the presenter's desktop and audio.
Webcast is currently only available using a Windows computer. Webcast does use more computer resources.
Recommended system resources:
- Windows 7
- 2 GB RAM
- Intel Core Duo or Intel i5 processor
- 512 kbps internet upload speed check my Internet speed
Follow these steps to create a webcast recording:
- In your Web browser, go to uw.tegrity.com. Log in using your UW NetID and password.
- In My Tegrity, click Record a Class.
- In Tegrity Recorder, select desired course name, and check the Webcast box.
- Click Record a Class.
Optional. To check the broadcast, return to the course. If the broadcast is working properly, the title will be highlighted in blue and say “Live Now.” To share with external audiences you can generate a URL link.
- At end of recording, hit Stop and Upload. Notes:
- Recording a webcast is currently only available for the Windows PC version of the Tegrity recorder.
- Webcast sessions will display the main instructional window as well as the Bookmarks and Notes window but no live video. The final recording will include any presenter video if recorded.