Add closed captions to a recording
Add closed captions (CC) if you want to provide the option for users to read text narration. Captions can be added in two ways:
Create your own closed caption file, or
- For a fee, you can request the captions to be automated. To use this option, contact UW Tegrity Support to set up an account.
The following procedure gives the steps you follow after you receive the file that has been created for you.
To add the closed caption file to a recording:
- In your Web browser, log in to uw.tegrity.com using your UW NetID.
- Under My Tegrity, navigate to desired recording.
- Select the check box to the left of the recording title.
- In the bottom left corner of the screen, in the Action menu, select Edit.
- The Tegrity Editor launches. In the Editor Action menu, select Add Close Captioning.
- When the file menu launches, click Select to navigate to the closed caption file that has been prepared for you.