How do I edit my profile?
Your user profile contains your name and contact information as well as tools to integrate information from external sites such as Google Apps or Facebook to your Canvas account.
Access your profile
To access your user profile, in the global navigation, click your name or the profile link.
You will be taken to the Settings page.
To change your name, language, or time zone, in the right sidebar, click Edit Settings.
Add or change your profile picture
To add or change your profile picture, on the Settings page, click the icon next to your name, then follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the global navigation, click your name. This takes you to your personal settings page.
- Click the grey silhouette (or picture you want to change).
- In the Select Profile Pic dialog box, click Upload a new Image.
- Click Choose File and select an image file on your computer.
- Click Choose.
- Click Add File. Once the image appears, click to select it.
- Click Select Image.
Add contact methods
You can add an additional e-mail address or another contact method (phone number, etc.) using the links under the Ways to Contact box (in the right sidebar of the Settings page).
Add services and social networks
You can integrate external services or social networks with which you have accounts. A list of these services and networks appears under Other Services, near the bottom of the Settings page, and includes:
- Google Docs