How do I use the Canvas Inbox to send messages?
The Canvas Inbox collects all of the conversations you have in Canvas – the messages you send and receive and comments on assignments from instructors – in one place. Depending on how you set Notifications, you can receive a notification whenever you receive a new message in your Canvas Inbox.
You are the only person who has access to the messages in your Canvas Inbox.
To send someone a message in Canvas, follow these steps:
- In the upper-right corner of Canvas, click Inbox.
- If you know the address of the person you want to message, click inside the To field on the right side of the screen and enter the address.
- To find an address, click the profile icon in the To field.
- In the address box, click the class or group the person is in.
- Click the person’s role. If you don’t know the role, click Everyone.
- Click the person’s name. A check appears next to the name and the name appears in the To field.
- Click in the Message field to enter your message.
- Click Send.