How do I create my own group?
If you have group assignments in class, your instructor will create groups for you. Groups you create as a student should be used for activities such as study groups. To create a student group, follow these steps:
- In the course navigation, click People.
- On the right side of the People page, click View User Groups.
- On the right side of the Course Groups page, click Start a New Group.
- At the bottom of the screen, under Make a New Group, enter a name for your group in the Group Name field.
- In the Joining menu, choose whether you want anyone to be able to join your group, or if you only want to include people you invite. If you choose invite only, click the class members you want to invite. Note: The choice you make here cannot be changed later.
- Click Create Group.
- Your group will now be listed on the Course Groups page.