How do I set up a private chat with another student?
Chat in Canvas is not meant to be used for private conversation between individuals. If you want to have a direct conversation with someone in Canvas, use your Inbox to send them a message.
To send someone a message in Canvas, follow these steps:
- In the upper-right corner of Canvas, click Inbox.
- If you know the address of the person you want to message, click inside the To field on the right side of the screen and enter the address.
- To find an address, click the profile icon in the To field.
- In the address box, click the class or group the person is in.
- Click the person’s role. If you don’t know the role, click Everyone.
- Click the person’s name. A check appears next to the name and the name appears in the To field.
- Click in the Message field to enter your message.
- Click Send.