Checklist for WebQ Research Surveys
___Learn to use WebQ
___Determine if survey needs Human Subject Division (HSD) approval.
___Design survey on paper.
___Create electronic information statement (if applicable).
___Create survey with correct security.
___Determine if you need demographic information.
___If needed, apply for approval from HSD. Include the following in your application:
- ___Let HSD know that you will be using WebQ to collect data.
- ___Printed copy of your survey, and the link to the online survey.
- ___The text of your messages if sending email announcements and reminders.
- ___A description of how you will provide the information statement to participants and include a printed copy of the statement.
- ___Request and rationale for a waiver of documentation of consent.
- ___A copy of your Web page or the content of the page if you are planning to direct participants post-survey to a thank you or custom confirmation Web page.
- ___Any demographic questions.
- ___Documentation of whether the survey is confidential or anonymous. Print out the survey summary page.
- ___An explanation of any window of limited identifiability built into the project.
- ___If a pre-determined email list will be used, and if so, how the email addresses will be obtained.
- ___If survey questions can be skipped or if all or some questions will be required.
- ___Who will have access to the survey data. Print out any associated collaboration groups and the privileges assigned to those groups.
- ___If the survey results will be viewable by participant, question, or both.
___Receive HSD approval.
___View and download (to a secure location) results.