View Group Details and Edit on the Fly
To view group or class list details and edit title, description, and group membership, follow the steps below.
to your Catalyst account.
- On the Catalyst tools account page, find the tool to which you want to grant access. Select Manage from the Actions drop-down menu. You will move to the Manage page of the tool.
- Click Edit under "Participant access" or "Participant Access & Roles" or "Access & Roles" depending on the tool. You will move to "Participant Access."
- To see all the groups you own and class lists to which you have access, click Select groups & class lists in the top right of the group chooser. A list of your groups and class lists will open. You can filter this list to show just groups, just class lists, or both.
- To view details, click Details to the right of the group of class list. A dialog will open showing the details of the group, including the name and description, a list of group members, and a list of the tools to which the group members have access.
- Hover your mouse and click the highlighted area to edit the title or description.
- To add new members to the group, being typing in the member search field.
- Add the desired group members one at a time by typing the name, UW NetID, or ProtectNetwork ID of each user you want to add to the group. As you type, the tool will search for people who match what
you have entered. Select the correct person from the list by clicking on the name or hitting the enter key when the person is highlighted. The name will appear in the list below. Click Edit to add multiple members at once.
- To remove members from the group, hover over the name of the person you want to remove and click the delete icon (X) on the right.
There is no undo when removing members from groups. All changes are saved automatically.
Class list membership cannot be edited because it is based on official class enrollment.
- To change the group's access to the tool, click on the group name. This will either grant or remove access to the tool, depending on the group's current state. A blue highlight indicates the group has access.
- To close the dialog and return to the tool, click Done at the bottom.
The group's access has not been changed (added or removed) until you close the dialog and click Save.