Delete Groups on the Fly
To delete an unwanted group permanently from your Catalyst account, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Catalyst account.
- On the Catalyst tools account page, find the tool that you want to work with. Select Manage from the"Actions" drop-down menu. Click Edit under "Participant access" or "Participant Access & Roles" or "Access & Roles" or "Students" depending on the tool. You will move to the participant access page.
- If necessary, select Members of groups and/or class lists.The group chooser will appear.
- To see all the groups you own and class lists to which you have access, click Browse... in the top left of the group chooser. A list of your groups and class lists will open. You can filter this list to show just groups, just class lists, or both.
- From either the Browse list or the list of groups and class lists that have access to the current tool, click the name of the group you want to delete. A dialog will open showing the details of the group, including the name and description, a list of group members, and a list of the tools to which the group members have access.
- Verify that this is the group you want to delete, and click Delete this group in
the bottom left of the dialog.
This will permanently delete the group and remove it from any Catalyst tools to which it is attached. The members of the group will no longer have access to the tools. You cannot undo this action.
- Click Delete if you are sure you want to permanently delete the group. Click Cancel if you do not want to delete the group.
Class lists cannot be deleted.