Create New Groups on the Fly
To create new groups from within a Catalyst tool, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Catalyst account.
- On the Catalyst tools account page, find the tool to which you want to grant access. Select Manage from the "Actions" drop-down menu. You will move to the Manage page of the tool.
- Decide whether you want to provide access to participants or administrators, and click Edit under the relevant header. You will move to a new page.
- If necessary, select Members of groups and/or class lists. The group chooser will appear.
- Click in the bottom left of the group chooser. A pop-in will appear.
- Enter a name for the new group in the space provided. The group name must be unique.
- You can enter a description in the text area provided.
- You can enter group members one at a time or in a batch. Enter members
one at a time by typing the name, UW NetID, or ProtectNetwork ID of each
person. As you type, the tool will search for people who match what you
have entered. Select the correct person from the list by clicking the
name or pressing the Enter key when the correct name is
highlighted. The names will appear in a
Add multiple group members at once by clicking "add multiple people" and entering UW NetIDs, ProtectNetwork IDs, or UW and ProtectNetwork email addresses one per line or separated by commas.
- When you are finished adding people to the group, click Save. The window will close and your new group will be saved and will appear in the list of groups to add to the tool.
- Click Save to finish granting the new group access to the tool. Or click Cancel to leave this page without saving your changes.
Even if you click Cancel on this page and do not grant the new group access to this tool at this time, the group has been created and can be used later in this or other tools.
To give class lists access to tools, simply add the class list from within the individual tool by following the instructions on this page. The list will update regularly to ensure that the correct list of students can access your course resources. See the individual tool help pages for more information.