Start a New Conversation
Any participant can start a new conversation on the discussion board. Follow the steps below to start a new conversation:
- If the discussion board is organized into discussion areas, click the name of the discussion area in which you want to post a message.
- Click new conversation in the upper right of the discussion board. You will move to the "Start a new conversation" page.
- Enter a subject for your conversation in the space provided. The subject will become a link that other participants will read and click to see the messages posted to this conversation.
- Enter the message in the space provided. You can use the toolbar to format
the text, insert images, create links, insert smileys, and more.
The rich text editor is set on by default. If it is slowing your page load time, you can switch to a plain text editor by clicking Use the plain text editor below the editor. Read more about the rich text editor here.
- To attach a file, click Attach file under the text area, and then click Browse... to locate the file on your desktop computer. Note: File size is limited to 1 GB.
- You can also select another file to attach by clicking Attach another file. Click Remove to remove attachments.
- You can click Preview to see how your post will appear.
- Click Post to post your conversation, or Cancel to discard your changes.