Lock a Discussion Area
Owners and administrators can lock discussion areas to keep participants from posting messages until the appropriate time. Of participants, only moderators or administrators can post in a locked discussion area.
To lock a discussion area, follow these steps:
- From the Catalyst tools account page, click the name of the board which contains discussion areas you wish to lock. You will move to the board home page.
- Click Manage in the global navigation at the upper left. You will move to the "Manage" page.
- Click Edit under "Discussion Areas."
- A list of the current discussion areas is displayed in the panel. Click the name of the discussion area you want to lock. The form will open in the panel.
- If you would like to lock the discussion area, select the Locked option, which is located under "Area availability." To unlock a discussion area, select Open.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 - 6 to lock or unlock another discussion area.
- When finished, click Save to save your changes, or Cancel to discard them.