Hide a Discussion Area
Owners and administrators can hide discussion areas to prevent participants from viewing the conversations within. Of participants, only moderators or administrators may view and post within a hidden discussion area.
To hide a discussion area, follow these steps:
- From the Catalyst tools account page, click the name of the board which contains discussion areas you wish to hide. You will move to the board home page.
- Click Manage in the global navigation at the upper left. You will move to the "Manage" page.
- Click Edit under "Discussion Areas."
- A list of the current discussion areas will displayed in the panel. Click the name of the discussion area you want to lock or unlock. The form will open in the panel.
- If you would like to hide the discussion area, select the Hidden option, which is located under "Area availability."
Participants cannot view hidden discussion areas or post messages to their conversations. Only administrators and moderators can post inside a hidden discussion area. Administrators can open an area when it is appropriate for participants to begin posting messages.
To open a discussion area, select the Open option.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 - 7 to hide or open another discussion area.
- When finished, click Save to save your changes, or Cancel to discard them.