CommonView's Google Sites Hub allows instructors and students to share electronic portfolios or other sites created with UW's Google Sites page creation tools. Workspace owners and administrators can share sites they own and allow workspace participants to create their own copies of the sites. Administrators can also allow participants to submit links to their sites, and the list of submitted sites can be shared to allow participants to review each others' work.
To create a Google Sites Hub in your workspace, follow these steps:
- From the Catalyst account page, click the name of the CommonView workspace to which you want to add a Google Sites Hub.
- On the menu on the left, click the view to which you want to add the Google Sites Hub. You will move to the selected view.
- Click Add content (found immediately underneath the title of the view). The drop-down menu will open.
- Hover your mouse on More. A secondary menu will open. Select Google Sites Hub. The Google Sites Hub content item will appear.
- To add an optional title or description for the file content item, hover your mouse and click in the highlighted area. Enter the title or description in the space provided.
- Choose from the following options for sharing example sites and participant-submitted links.
To share a site with participants, select the check box labeled "Provide example UW Google Sites for your workspace participants." More options will appear. Click Add example from UW Google Sites. You may be asked to log in to UW Google and to allow Catalyst to access your sites. A pop-in will appear with a list of the UW Google Sites you own. Select one or more sites and click Add Site. The pop-in will close and links to the sites will be added to your workspace.
Optionally, you can allow students to copy the example site by selecting the check box labeled "Allow workspace participants to copy example Sites to their UW Google Site account.
To allow participants to submit links to their own sites, select the checkbox labeled "Accept links to UW Google Sites from workspace participants." More options will appear.
To mark submissions late after a certain date, click the checkbox and select a date and time.
To allow participants to view other participants' submitted links, select the check box. If class lists are attached to the workspace, you will be able to choose whether to show the list of submitted links to all workspace participants, or just to class lists.
- Click Save to add the Google Sites Hub to your workspace, or Cancel.
Edit a Google Sites Hub
To edit the content of a Google Sites Hub, follow these steps:
- Hover the mouse over the content item and click (at the right). The settings options will appear.
- When you are done making changes, click Save. To discard changes, click Cancel.