Presenting Your Slide Show
Slide Show View
Slide Show view presents your slide show on the full computer screen. To enter Slide Show View, do one of the following:
- Click the View tab, and click the Slide Show button.
- Click the Slide Show tab, and click either the From Beginning button or the From Current Slide button. From Beginning will start your slide show at the first slide. From Current Slide will start your slide show at the slide that is currently selected.
You can move to the next slide by pressing the space bar or right arrow key on your keyboard, or by clicking the left mouse button. To go back to the previous slide, press the left arrow key on your keyboard.
Slide Show view also has a toolbar to aid you through your live presentation, located at the bottom of the screen. The toolbar has the following tools:
- The blue Left and Right arrows allow you to move to the next or previous slide respectively.
- The Pen tool allows you to draw and make notations on a slide during a presentation. For example, if you want to emphasize an important point to your audience, you can circle it with the pen. When you exit Slide Show View, PowerPoint will ask if you want to save the ink notations you have made. If you choose to keep them, they will appear on your slide in Normal view as an image element.
- The Slide icon gives you more control over the progression of slides in your presentation. For example, it allows you to jump ahead to a slide by selecting it from the Go to Slide list. The Screen option allows you to switch to a blank black or white screen. This is useful if you need to temporarily pause your presentation to use another projecting device. If you need to switch to another program, the Switch Programs option allows you to enter another program without leaving Slide Show View. The End Show option allows you to exit Slide Show View before you get to the end of your presentation.
You can exit Slide Show view at any point in your presentation by pressing the Esc button on your keyboard.