Set Participant Access
Participant access settings allow you to control who can access your workspace. You can make the workspace available to the general public, or require a UW NetID log in to view the content of the workspace. Public workspaces can also be indexed by and found through Internet search engines, such as Yahoo! or Google.
To set participant access for your workspace, follow these steps:
- From the Catalyst account page, click the name of the CommonView workspace with which you want to work.
- Click Access & Roles in the navigation at the top left of the page.
- Click Edit to the right of the header "Participant access." You will move to the "Participant Access" page.
- Select one of the access options:
The general public: Allows anyone to view the content of the workspace. Also enables search engines to index the workspace, so it can appear in search results.
Anyone with a UW NetID: Allows access to anyone with a UW NetID.
Members of a specific group and/or class list: Limits access to specific individuals. Select this option if you want to use a class list (updated automatically as students add and drop), or if you want to reuse the group with other Catalyst tools.
- If you would like the list of participants to be viewable by all participants, select the option Participant list is viewable by all participants, under "Privacy."
- When finished, click Save at the bottom of the page to return to the "Access & Roles" summary page, or click Cancel to discard your changes.