Add an RSS Feed
RSS is a format that allows Web sites to publish a notification when their content is updated. You can now display these updates directly in your CommonView workspace by adding RSS feeds to your workspace.
Finding an RSS Feed
- Look for the RSS icon on the web page. In the Web browser Firefox, the address bar usually contains an icon if the site has an RSS feed. In the Web browser Internet Explorer 7 or 8, the bookmarks bar usually contains an icon if the site has an RSS feed.
- To find the RSS address, click the icon. The browser will display the RSS feed address in the address bar and the RSS content on the page.
To find relevant RSS feeds to add to your site, you can search an RSS Feed Directory like www.Feedage.com.
Adding an RSS Feed to your Commonview Site
- From the Catalyst account page, click the name of the CommonView workspace to which you want to add content.
- On the menu on the left, click the view to which you want to add content. You will move to the selected view.
- Click Add content (found immediately underneath the title of the view). The drop-down menu will open.
- Hover your mouse over More.... A secondary menu will open.
- Select RSS feed. A dialog box will appear.
- Enter the address of the RSS feed you want to add and click Save.
Change RSS Display Settings
To change the length and number of RSS "stories," follow these steps:
- Hover the mouse pointer over the RSS content item and clickSettings in the tab at the top right. On the panel that appears, enter a number from 1 to 100 corresponding to the number of stories you want displayed.
- To change the length of the displayed stories, drag the "Story length" slider bar from the left (shorter) to the right (longer).
- When you are done making changes, click away from the display settings panel to save them.