Booking the Sound Studio
To use the Sound Studio, you must first reserve the room. You can do this two ways:
- In person, by visiting the 2nd floor desk at the Odegaard Library.
- Online, through the UW Libraries Web site.
A user can reserve the Sound Studio up to twice a day and a single reservation can be up to four hours. Remember to be on time for your reservation. If you are more than 10 minutes late, another person can take your reservation.
Prior to your reservation, you can pick up the Sound Studio key and suitcase from the front desk of the Odegaard Library. The suitcase contains the following items:
- 1 set of headphones
- 2 drumsticks
- 2 XLR male to XLR female cables
- 1 1/4" male TS to 1/4" male TS cable
- 1 XLR female to 1/4" male TS cable
- 1 1/8" stereo female to 1/4" male adapter
-2 rca female to 1/4" mono male adapters
This cable can be used with the rca female to 1/4" mono male adapters to plug in an mp3 player or iPod to channels 1 and 2 in the mixer's patch bay.