Downloading and Setting Up Audacity
- Go to http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and select the "Download Audacity 1.2.4b" link
- Under Recommended Download select "Audacity 1.2.4b installer"
- In the new webpage that appears, select a "Download" link that is next to a location in North America
- A window will appear that will ask you if you would like to save it to disk--select "ok"
- After it downloads, double click it and follow the installation instructions
In addition to Audacity, you will need to download and setup the "Lame MP3 encoder" in order to export your project as an MP3 file (compressed file format for podcasts)
Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Go to http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~raa110/audacity/lame.html
- Cick on any link that says "lame-3.96.1" to download the encoder
- Unzip the downloaded file and move the application named "lame_enc.dll" to the desktop, C drive, or other location that you will easily remember
- Open Audacity and select the Preferences window from the File menu. On the File Formats tab, click on the "Find Library" button and select the "lame_enc.dll" application that you previously moved to the desktop, C drive or other location.
- Click "Ok" to close the preferences window.