Add YouTube content
Using the rich content editor in Canvas, you can embed YouTube videos into the page. You can open the rich content editor when you are using any of these features: Announcement, Assignments, Discussions, Pages, Quizzes, and Syllabus. When you create or edit any of these course elements, you will see the rich content editor.Embed a YouTube video:
- From within your Canvas course, in the left-hand course navigation, click the tab that corresponds to the area where you want to add the video (e.g., Assignments, Syllabus, etc.).
- Click Edit or Create as appropriate. The rich content editor appears.
- In the rich content editor toolbar, click the insert link button (chain icon).
- In the text box that appears, enter the URL of the YouTube video page.
- Click Insert Link.
- Check the rich content editor to ensure that the link was properly inserted. The link will flash yellow when it is inserted in the page.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save. The video should now appear on the page where you have embedded it, and will be available for viewing.