Hide the Files section from the course navigation
Hiding the Files tab prevents students from seeing all of the files in the course. To prevent students from accessing content that you want to keep private, you must store it files and folders that you lock.
Follow these steps to hide the Files tab from the course navigation:
- Within your course, in the left-hand navigation, click Settings.
- At the top of the page, in the row of tabs, click Navigation.
- You will see a list that mirrors the items that appear in the left-hand navigation. Click Files and drag it below the text "Drag items here to hide them from students."
- Files now appears grayed out and is labeled: "Page disabled, will redirect to course home page."
- Click Save.
- Files will still appear (grayed out) in the left-hand navigation in your view. Students will not see Files in their menu. (If you want to verify, you can switch to Student View.)