Set up a conference
You can use conferences as you do office hours -- to meet with one or multiple students -- to answer questions or exchange ideas. If the weather is inclement, conferences can take the place of campus office hours.
Follow these steps to set up a conference:
- In the course navigation, click Conferences.
- On the next screen, click Make a New Conference.
- To start a new conference:
- Enter a name for the conference.
- If applicable, select the check box next to This is a long-running conference and should not be automatically closed.
- Set a time limit in the duration field.
- Enter a description.
- Invite participants: You can either select the check box next to Invite All Course Members, or clear the check box and enter names individually.
- Click Create Conference. The conference will appear on the Conferences page. Conferences are listed in chronological order, most recent to oldest.
- When participants click Start it now, BigBlueButton (the third-party application that handles conferences for Canvas) directs them to the conference room.
Note: If you would like advanced help and documentation on conferencing by using BigBlueButton, go to http://www.bigbluebutton.org/videos.