Canvas for Instructors Help Center
- When is my course available?
- What if I don't see my course?
What do I need to do at the beginning of the quarter?
- How do I add teaching assistants or guests to my course?
- How do I combine courses that I teach?
- What do I need to do at the end of the quarter?
- Will Canvas replace the Catalyst Web Tools?
- What browsers does Canvas support?
How do I add my profile picture?
Migrate Content from a Previous Course
- Archive Moodle course content
- Import course content from Moodle
- Import a Blackboard course
- Migrate course content from Canvas (UW course)
- Migrate course content from Canvas (non-UW course)
- Import a WebQ quiz to Canvas
- Copy CommonView content to Canvas
Add People to Your Course
- Add guests or teaching assistants
- View people in your course
- About using UW Groups in your course
- Add a UW Group
Remove a UW Group
Design Your Course
- About the Canvas syllabus
- Edit the Canvas syllabus description
- Add your own syllabus to Canvas
- Share a Tegrity recording in Canvas
- Add YouTube content
- Customize course navigation
Add navigation links to external content
- About Files in Canvas
- Lock files or folders
- Hide the Files section from course navigation
- See your course as students see it
- Publish your course
Create and Manage Assignments
- About assignments in Canvas
- Create an assignment
- Lock an assignment
- Add an assignment to the Calendar
- Create an online quiz
Import a WebQ quiz to Canvas
- Assign peer reviews
Grade and Respond to Work
- Set up weighted grades
- About SpeedGrader
- Use SpeedGrader on the iPad
- Import and convert Canvas grades for submission
Change settings to correctly import grades