Jumpstart is currently recruiting Corps Member positions for the 2016-2017academic year.
Jumpstart is an early literacy program that connects college students as tutors and mentors with 3- to 5-year old preschool children from low-income communities.
As a Corps member, you will work with a small group of children for the entire academic year. Corps members focus on improving the skills of children that are necessary for future success. Corps members work on teams of their UW peers and are supported by a Team Leader. Corps members will read stories, sing songs and play games that support young children’s school readiness skills. Positions are typically open through the fall quarter.
- Earn $15/hour for work-study eligible students
- Earn an AmeriCorps educational award of $1,221.96
- Earn academic credit
- Work closely with other UW students
- Work in the Seattle Community in a high-need preschool
- Work on closing opportunity gaps and supporting children towards success in kindergarten and beyond!