The Rome system manages billing for long distance services and for technology services and equipment.
- To begin using Rome applications (Long Distance Services, Long Distance Billing, and Technology Services and Equipment Billing) you need a UW NetID. If you don't have a UW NetID, learn about UW NetIDs.
- In addition, you need to be authorized in ASTRA with the role of USER. The LDServices application requires a separate Astra authorization from the Bill Viewer authorization:
- The Rome role of 'Long Distance Services Account Manager' gives you 'view and update' into the LDServices pages for the given budgets or organization codes.
- The Rome role of 'Bill Reviewer' gives you 'inquiry' into both the TSEBill and the LDBill for the given budgets or organization codes.
- Contact the ASTRA authorizer for your unit to request authorization to use Rome.
- If you do not know who to contact, use ASTRA's "Who Can Authorize Me?" look-up service and search by budget number or org code; then select "Rome" from the application dropdown.
- You will receive an automated email message letting you know your authorization to use Rome has been processed.
- Once you are authorized, go to:
Occasionally a security certificate error will show up on the screen at this point. If you receive an error message saying: "There is a problem with this website's security certificate", go to Installing the UW Services CA Certificate.
and follow the instructions for installing the UW Services Certificate Authority. Try accessing the site again.
For ASTRA Authorizers: How to set up ASTRA Authorizations
You must setup the 'Astra Role of 'USER' for this person to have access to the Rome Web pages. You have the option of also granting the role of Authorizer, but that only controls the actions that people can do in Astra, not what they can do in the Rome applications.