Getting Access to

A variety of online Administrative Systems provide campus staff with up-to-date financial, budget, payroll and student information. The following is an overview of the various online databases and the type of information you will find in each system:

  • BUDGET SYSTEMS (BGT) -- Includes State and Grant budgets.
  • FINANCIAL SYSTEMS (FIN) -- Up-to-date Budget Activity (BAR) reports, Budget Status Reports, budget lists, and descriptive information about budgets and financial coding.
  • PAYROLL/PERSONNEL SYSTEM (HEPPS) -- Payroll Activity Form and Personal Data Form information, paycheck detail and histories, hourly accumulations for student and temporary workers, and job classification tables.
  • PURCHASING SYSTEM (PAS) -- An online requisition entry and inquiry system, for ordering from vendors off campus, reimbursements, and order/payment inquiries. (PAS Entry and Update are transitioning to Ariba.)
  • STUDENT SYSTEM (SDB) -- Student/applicant information, including transcripts, registration inquiries, time schedules, and class lists.

Getting set up on Keynes

Administrative information is currently available on the computer A usercode and an ENTRUST token is required to log onto Keynes. Read the Token Eligibility Policy to find out who is eligible to use the ENTRUST token.

  • You must have your own usercode.
  • No shared or inherited usercodes are allowed.
  • A UW NetID is required to set up a usercode.

You need a Usercode and an ENTRUST token to access the online Administrative Systems on

Request access to FIN, BGT, PAS

Fill out an Administrative Systems Access Form for access to FIN, BGT, and/or PAS. Separate request forms are required for HEPPS and the Student System (SDB).

Request access to HEPPS

HEPPS access is only granted to Central Offices. To request access to HEPPS, you will need to fill out and submit a Request for HEPPS access form and submit it separately to Payroll, Box #359555. HEPPS is approved by the UW Payroll Office If you have any question about this form or access, please contact

Request access to SDB

For access to SDB, fill out and submit one of the following forms:

  • Seattle staff and faculty download this form and print it:
  • Bothell staff and faculty download this form and print it:
  • Tacoma staff and faculty download this form and print it:

If you are unable to open any of these forms, call 206.221.5000 or send email to

Removing Existing Access

To remove access for an individual, have the employee’s supervisor email with the following information:

  • The employee name,
  • The employee usercode or UW NetID,
  • The serial number of their ENTRUST token (if known).

Also, please return the ENTRUST token via campus mail to UWITSC, Administrative Applications, Box 359540 or Postal Mail at 4333 Brooklyn Ave NE, Box 359540, Seattle, WA, 98195-9540.

Changing Departments

Employees who are changing departments and know they will need access in their new department can keep their ENTRUST token. They will still need to re-apply for access in the new department by completing and sending a new Administrative Systems Access Form, Request for HEPPS access form, or the Student Database form for the UW Seattle, Tacoma, or Bothell campus. Employees who are not sure whether or not they will need access should return their Entrust Token by following the procedures above.

Limits to access

  • Usercodes with access to financial, purchasing, and payroll data are linked to a 10-digit departmental organization code. This allows you to access the budgets for just that department or organization. If you need to access more than one organization's data, you are issued additional Usercodes, which you access by entering the "Switch" command on the main menu.
  • Usercodes with access to Student Systems are linked to a security mechanism that restricts access to specific colleges and major codes.

Instructions for filling out Administrative Systems Access Forms

The following includes more detailed information about the various fields on the Administrative Systems Access Form. Please read these before completing a request form.

These forms are available online. If you have questions, contact the UWITSC,, 206.221.5000.

Requesting User
The requesting user must be on the UW Payroll.

Department Contact/Sponsor
We keep a second person on record in case we need to contact someone regarding the account and the user is not available. Please provide the name of a person whom we may contact regarding access. This person should be:

  • on the UW Payroll,
  • different from the requesting user,
  • in the same department or discipline as the requesting user, and
  • preferably employed in a permanent position.

A UW NetID is your personal identifier for using UW online resources. For more information, please read About UW NetIDs.

Employee ID number
This is the nine-digit number given to you by the UW. If you have a new faculty/staff ID card, it should be printed on the front. Check with your payroll coordinator if you're not sure what it is. (Note: this is not your Social Security number.)

Organization Code(s)
List the organization code(s) this usercode will access. If you are unfamiliar with the budget/organization code structure for your department or college, please contact your department administrator for assistance. You can also read a basic overview of the organization code system. NOTE: Each organization code will generate a separate usercode.

The form must be signed in ink by:

  • the requesting user,
  • the department sponsor/contact,
  • a department chair or administrator (if applicable), and the department dean or director.

Three distinct signatures are required to process applications. Except in unusual cases, forms with fewer than three may be delayed or rejected. College or departmental procedures may call for more rigorous approvals.

When requesting access to organization codes outside of your department, the chair, dean, or director who is responsible for those organization codes must also sign the form.

Online Systems Requested
Read the Overview of the Online Administrative Systems for general information.

  • Requests for the Student Database (SDB) should be submitted on the Student Database form for the Seattle, Tacoma, or Bothell SDB form.
  • Budget (BGT) State Update is restricted and must be approved by the Budget Office.
  • HEPPS access request forms should be submitted to the UW Payroll office.

Last modified: December 19, 2014