PC Power and Patch Management Software
Support for the IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager (TEM) ends March 31, 2014
Effective March 31, 2014, the UW will no longer offer or support the IBM
Tivoli Endpoint Manager (TEM) product for power and patch management of UW
computers. TEM piloting began in January 2012 and the tool was deployed to
more than 3,500 UW machines. The data collected during the pilot period has
led us to conclude that TEM was not the best fit for our current environment.
We will continue to look for other programs and tools to help us manage power
usage and security.
The Project Team thanks the many users who tested, piloted and used TEM. Your
participation was critical to the success of this project.
Users or groups with the IBM/TEM agent deployed should remove the software
from their systems as soon as convenient, but before March 31. Users with
support groups (such as Nebula) will receive information and assistance from
How to remove TEM from your computer
The TEM software can be removed using the standard Uninstall program tool. Look for the "IBM Endpoint Manager Client" software.
Systems that do contact the UW TEM server are now having the client software (silently) removed.
IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager (TEM) is power and patch management software you can use to:
- Patch a number of the most common software packages, including Firefox and Skype.
- Manage the power usage on your Windows personal computer.
- Improve your system security and performance.
- Support the UW's commitment to carbon neutrality as part of the UW Climate Action Plan.
- TEM client software should no longer be installed!
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions:
- I am a current member of the UW faculty or staff.
- I am installing the TEM software on a computer owned by the University of Washington on the Seattle campus of the UW.
- By downloading the software, I agree not to rent, sell, lease, assign or otherwise transfer the software; reverse engineer, compile, make alternations to, or otherwise modify, the software.
Click on "I Agree" below to proceed to the TEM software download page.
- To install TEM, you need to have permission to install software on your PC
- Restart your Windows computer after installing TEM
- Power settings use a pre-set default that can be adjusted
- TEM installation will not affect the performance of your PC
- TEM does not currently patch Macintosh systems
Please see the Technical Details page
On the Technical Details page find:
- A list of the applications being patched, including the release versions and dates
- Viewing and changing the default power settings
- How to use TEM with Remote Desktop
For assistance with TEM, please contact your local support organization or firstname.lastname@example.org