IBM SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) provides data and statistical analysis, file management capabilities, graphics and reporting features. This year's contract includes a Virtual Computer Lab (VCL) license.
Be aware that SPSS offers other bundles and terms for SPSS software directly to students, faculty and staff, this is not under UW license. See SPSS at general academic discount for details.
See the IBM SPSS Premium Edition site for details about the version available under UW license.
- SPSS 22 and 23 Modules include:
- Advanced Statistics
- Custom Tables
- Tables Original
- Trends Original
- Data Preparation
- Neural Networks
- AMOS is NOT part of this package
- License must be renewed annually
- Software can be installed on both institutionally-owned and personal computers.
IBM SPSS 22 & 23 are available through an annual subscription, with the license period running from July 1 through June 30.
- UW matriculated, currently registered undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff (non-administrative use ONLY) are eligible to participate in this site license.
- UW Affiliates not paid by the UW, visiting scholars, distance learning, and extension students are ineligible to purchase this software.
- This software is for use on computers owned or leased by the UW or on the student, faculty, or staff person's personal computer.
Purchase from e-Academy (download)
- SPSS 23 Students: $100.00
- SPSS 23 Staff/Faculty $250.00
- SPSS 22 Renewal Code Only
- Students: $100.00
- Staff/Faculty: $250.00
- Purchase and download online. See Note.
- Payment is by credit card (ProCard) only.
- Budget numbers are no longer accepted online.
- The Activation Code is provided on your e-Academy receipt screen. Make a note of it!
- The software can only be downloaded by the person who purchased it.
Purchase from the University Book Store (media included)
- Go to the University Bookstore and complete the registration form.
- A copy of your UW ID and photo ID is needed when you make your purchase.
Concurrent Use Licenses
- $250 per license
- Generally only used in Computer Lab settings - not for individual use
- For use on UW-owned computers only
- Send email to email@example.com and include:
- Version desired
- Number of licenses
- Budget number
- Budget Coordinator's name, netid, and mailstop
Any modules not offered under this license are available directly through IBM SPSS Inc. Contact IBM for details.
NOTE: Some customers have had difficulty downloading using a wireless connection. We recommend using a wired network connection to download from the e-Academy site.
New version upgrades are purchased as new licenses.
Mac System Requirements This also includes link to other operating systems.
IBM SPSS Support for documentation online. You will need to create an IBM ID to access these pages.
Other Questions: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-221-5000.